I was surfing around and found a post on Geek Estate Blog that I have added additional resources too. For those in creating real estate sites, this is a great resource of free data that you can integrate.
- Google Docs - free online software, similar to Microsoft Word, that allows you to easily share documents with clients.
- 2000 Census data – 2000 Census data available for download from the US Census Bureau. Here is the ftp download server.
- Yelp Review Search API – local business information with reviews using neighborhood or lat/long. We use the Yelp APIs in several sites and have found them easy to work with.
- Hoodeo - A site that tries to match you with your ideal neighborhood. Think Match.com but for neighborhoods.
- Terabitz - A fantastic site that has rolled together a bunch of real estate APIs. Reply! is working with Terabitz on our ConnectingNeighbor.com sites.
Neighborhood and City Home Values:
- Zillow Local Real Estate APIs – Retrieve local home value trend charts with the GetRegionChart API and a wealth of other city and neighborhood home value data from the GetDemographics API.
- AltosCharts – Local market price charts.
- Cyberhomes - Local real estate APIs (free). We use both Zillow and Cyberhomes for data distributed on our sites.
- Eppraisal.com – Local real estate APIs (free). Great company, fantastic design.
- Zillow Neighborhood Boundaries – 150 cities covering 7,000 neighborhoods available via a Creative Commons license.
- Yelp Neighborhood API – Input a lat/long value and get a neighborhood in return.
- Zillow GetRegionChildren API – Input a city and state, and receive a list of neighborhoods and their center points in return.
- Terabitz - They offer listings from several sources.
- Oodle.com - Reply! uses Oodle’s home listings on our ConnectWithLife.com service.
- GraphicalData – MLS / IDX feeds, local school information.
- Education.com Schoolfinder API
- NCES Common Core of Data – Data about all public elementary and secondary schools. Descriptive information on schools and school districts; data on students and staff; and fiscal data.
- GreatSchools.com - a wonderful resource with tons and tons of schools available via their API.
- Yahoo Weather API – enter a ZIP or a geo location and receive current weather conditions in return.
- WeatherBug API – Live weather conditions by location.